Zuppa di Farro e Colatura di Alici
La zuppa di Farro e Colatura di Alici ( farro soup with anchovy extract) is a delicious antipasto we tasted on a recent trip to Cetara, on the Amalfi Coast. In this picturesque village, Ristorante San Pietro is the simple yet elegant restaurant where chef Franco prepares the soup using only the best Colatura produced by IASA (Ittica Alimentare Salerno).
1 lb Rustichella d'Abruzzo Whole Grain Farro
4 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil (we suggest a grassy oil such as Capezzana)
2 tsp IASA Colatura di Alici
Gangi Dante Dried Oregano Blossoms
- Soak the Farro for 25 minutes. Drain and place in a pot, covering with 2 quarts of water.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until farro is tender, about 30 minutes.
- Add the Colatura and simmer for approximately 2 minutes. Transfer the soup to serving bowls.
- Serve with a drizzle of Extra Virgin Olive Oil and a pinch of Dried Oregano Blossoms.
- Enjoy the soup warm or at room temperature.