Lucia's Spaghetti with IASA Colatura & Pistachios
Lucia di Mauro of IASA reveals her recipe for a super simple dish that everyone will love! She often makes it for her family at home in Cetara, Campania.
Recipe courtesy of IASA
Simple Tasty Recipes
1/2 cup pistachios
1.1 lb (500 gr) Rustichella d'Abruzzo Spaghetti
5 tablesoons extra virgin olive oil
2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
3 tablespoons IASA Colatura di Alici, plus more as needed
- Shell the pistachios, finely chop them, and toast them in a frying pan or oven until fragrant and golden brown, about 5 minutes.
- Bring a large pot of water to boil over high heat. Remember to not add salt to the water, as salt is not needed when using Colatura. Add spaghetti to water and cook until just shy of al dente. Reserve some pasta cooking water.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, combine extra virgin olive oil and garlic. Cook over medium heat until garlic is very lightly golden, about five minutes.
- Transfer pasta to skillet along with some reserved pasta water, and cook over high heat until a creamy sauce forms.
- Add pistachios and Colatura to taste (Lucia recommends a spoonful for every 100 gr of pasta). Buon appetito!