How to Cook Casa Corneli Dried Beans
Prepare a pot of beans and keep on hand for your favorite recipes
Here are our instructions for making a perfect pot of beans:
- It's very important to soak the beans in water overnight. Once soaked, discard the water and rinse in a colander.· Put the beans in a large pot and cover with 3 inches of water.
- Add 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil, 1/4 teaspoon black peppercorns, 1 garlic clove, a sprig each of sage and rosemary, and a bay leaf.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to maintain a very gentle, slow simmer. Every once in a while, gently swirl or shake the pot (don't even think about stirring!).
- Start tasting the beans for doneness around 45-50 minutes. When done, they should be evenly cooked throughout with a firm texture.
- Turn off the heat and let the beans cool in the cooking liquid. Add salt to taste.
- Refrigerate in their broth and keep on hand for your favorite recipes! Check out our suggestions below.
Nota Bene: Casa Corneli organic Lentils do not require pre-soaking and cook in 20-30 minutes!
- These dense, savory chickpeas are delicious on toast: sauté cooked chickpeas with garlic and rosemary, lightly mash, and spoon on bruschetta drizzled with olive oil.
- Perfect paired with porkchops.
- Make Pasta e Fagioli with Sagne a Pezzi pasta.
- Mix cooked Borlotti beans, flaked tinned fish such as Orata or Grilled Branzino, thinly sliced red onion, boiled eggs, and chopped celery. Dress with olive oil and red wine vinegar.
- Toss these ivory-colored beans with shaved raw vegetables for an elegant salad.
- Serve Cannellini alongside grilled steak. Make sure they are swimming in Laudemio Frescobaldi!