Grilled Vegetables, Stracciata Cheese & AGRUMATO® Citron
Feel free to swap in your favorite summer vegetables for the eggplant and zucchini. If you can't find Stracciata Abruzzese cheese, burrata or even stracciatella make great substitutes. A few confited cherry tomatoes would make this dish even more special!
Recipe courtesy of Lucrezia and Sante Ricci of AGRUMATO®
- 3 Italian eggplant, thinly sliced lengthwise
- 3 zucchini, thinly sliced lengthwise
- Agrumato® Citron, for brushing and finishing
- 3.5 oz (100 g) Stracciata Abruzzese cheese
- Basil leaves, for garnish
- Sea Salt to taste
1. Preheat grill or grill pan to medium. Lightly brush both sides of the cut vegetables with Agrumato® Citron.
2. Grill the vegetables until tender, turning once, 6 to 8 minutes. Set aside for 10 minutes to cool.
3. Arrange vegetables on a plate then top with torn pieces of Stracciata Abruzzese cheese and a few basil leaves. Season with flaky sea salt and drizzle with Agrumato® Citron.