Arborio Insalata Caprese
Arborio rice cooks to pillowy perfection for this delicate salad.
- 1 cup Principato di Lucedio Arborio Rice
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 8 ounces fresh mozzarella, chopped into bite-sized pieces to match the size of the halved cherry tomatoes
- 10–12 large basil leaves, torn by hand into bite-sized pieces
- 1 cup Titone DOP extra virgin olive oil
- Sea salt & tellicherry pepper to taste
To pre-cook the rice: Bring salted water to a boil. Add rice to the boiling water, and cook until al dente, approximately 12 minutes. Drain rice, and spread lightly with your fingers on a baking sheet to cool (this helps it retain its al dente texture). Allow to cool.
To prepare the dish: In a large bowl combine cooked rice, mozzarella, tomatoes, and basil leaves. Pour olive oil over the mixture and stir to distribute evenly. Stir in cracked pepper and salt to taste.
This salad is the perfect canvas for other Italian pantry products. Try one or more of these additions:
Created by Rolando Beramendi